- 16 slices (for panko) Aunt Milles 35-Calorie Whole Grain Bread
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- to taste salt and pepper
- 6 cups homemade panko breadcrumbs
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Using the shredder blade on your food processor, tear up 16 slices of Aunt Milles 35 Calorie bread and run them through the shredder 2-3 slices at a time. 16 slices makes about 7 cups of crumbs.
- Spread the crumbs on two baking sheets in an even layer and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes mixing/turning frequently, or until crumbs are dry and crispy. The goal is to dry them out evenly, so you want to make sure you mix/turn them every 5 minutes or they will over-bake.
- Let cool completely on baking sheets. You can use the panko crumbs immediately when cool, or store them in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim boneless, skinless chicken breasts and slice on a diagonal into strips, usually about 5-6 strips per breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare your didredging station: one plate or dish with 2 cups of flour, one plate or dish with 3 cups of panko (add more as necessary), and bowl with two eggs whisked with two TBSP water. Prepare two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip a chicken strip in the flour, covering evenly with a light coating. Dip in egg and coat evenly, dip in panko and coat evenly. Shake off any excess panko and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all fingers are prepared.
- Spray the tops of the chicken fingers with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray, and bake for 35 minutes, or until chicken fingers are crispy and chicken is fully cooked.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Share It To Your Friends!