- 1½ tsp ground espresso coffee
- 2 quarts of water
- 1½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1 TBSP Ancho chile powder ( you can use plain chili powder if necessary)
- In a large bowl, combine the water with the red pepper and 1½ teaspoons of salt and stir until the salt dissolves. Add the pork chops and let brine at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Light a grill and create a cool zone. (For a charcoal grill, rake the coals to one side; for a gas grill, leave one side unlit.) In a bowl, mix the cocoa, sugar and ancho powder with 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Drain the pork chops and pat dry, removing any bits of crushed pepper. Brush generously with olive oil. Roll the pork chops in the cocoa rub and pat to help it adhere.
- Grill over moderately high heat for 4 minutes, turning the chops once or twice until lightly browned. Transfer the chops to the cool zone, cover and grill for about 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the chops registers 135° for medium meat. Let the chops rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Kitchen Belleicious
Share It To Your Friends!