- 4 -5 cups 1-inch chocolate brownie squares
- 4 cups prepared custard or vanilla pudding
- 1 stick of butter, 8 teaspoons
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of fleur de sel (sea salt)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
To prepare the caramel sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the brown sugar until combined.
- Add the cream and then bring it to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, reduce to a low simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the vanilla and sea salt until combined. The mixture will thicken as it cools so you will want to warm it slightly before using.
- In an electric mixer, add the heavy cream and whisk on medium speed. While mixing add the powdered sugar and then mix on high until the whipped cream is stiff and dollops nicely.
- To assemble:
- Using four to six shallow glasses, wine glasses or martini glasses place a layer of brownies at the bottom of each glass. Top with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce, then a layer of custard. Repeat with another layer of brownies, sauce and custard.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and then drizzle salted caramel sauce over the top and serve.
Source: Karista's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!