- 500 gram skinless boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 8-10 dried red chilies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fermented black soy bean, soaked in water until fluffy, drained
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 stalks celery, sliced diagonally, about ½ inch thick slices
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, remove seeds, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks cilantro, chopped into 1 inch sections
- Combine chicken with corn starch, light soy sauce, sesame oil, and Shaoxing in a mixing bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat, sauté onion and red chilies, cook until onion starts to wilt.
- Add chicken, spread evenly into a layer and let it cook undisturbed for 1 minute. Then stir and cook for another minute.
- Add garlic, ginger, fermented black soy bean, and dark soy sauce. Mix well. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add celery slices, mix well, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock, mix well. Cover the wok and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and add salt as needed.
- Turn off heat, add tomato slices and cilantro. Mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed white rice.
Source: Daily Cooking Quest
Share It To Your Friends!