- 1 tbsp butter
- 250g beef strips (you can use pre-cut strips or cut your own)
- 2 tbsp flour
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 250g white mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml beef stock
- 250ml cream
- 100g tagliatelle
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- extra parsley for garnishing
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan. Add the beef strips and flour and cook for a few minutes to brown the beef. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drizzle some olive oil in the same pan and fry the onion gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes to soften. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook gently for 10 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and are golden.
- Add the beef stock and cream and season with salt and pepper. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the tagliatelle as per the packet instructions.
- Stir the beef and parsley into the sauce. Check the seasoning, then remove from the heat. Pile the cooked tagliatelle onto heated plates and spoon the beef on top. Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Source: Cupcakes And Couscous
Share It To Your Friends!