- 2 Sticks Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (I used beet sugar)
- 2 1/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Cream butter, sugar and pinch of salt in food processor or mixer until creamy then add flour and mixed well.
- Pour mixture onto a flat surface, you can either form with your hands or dump onto plastic wrap and use that to press together instead.
- Form dough into 2 flat disks, it’s a little tricky because it wants to crack on the edges, but this is what makes the cookies so flaky and good!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick, it will crack when you roll one way, just press the cracks down.
- Press the sides together closing the cracks. Sprinkle a little flour on top and roll it again, it will still crack just roll in all directions and it will seal itself up but you still might have to press it together.
- With the cookie cutters of your choice, cut and place cookies on a baking sheet.
- Baking time depends on the size of the cookies and where you live. The smallest ones took 9-10 minutes and the medium took 10 to 15 minutes, just check on them.
- Make sure to keep an eye on them, pull them out of the oven before the edges turn golden brown, the bottom should only be slightly golden.
- Be careful when transferring to cooling rack, they are fragile until cooled.
Source: Cali Zona
Share It To Your Friends!