- 1 tbs jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 2 tbs of yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric plus some for coating the eggplants
- Oil (enough to deep fry the eggplants plus 1tbs for cooking)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6-7 small eggplants - you can use bigger ones and cut those into 3/4 inch thick rounds
- Handful of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Made criss-cross slits on the eggplants on the eggplants which I rubbed with a little bit of turmeric and salt and set aside for about 15minutes
- Added oil to the kadai (wok) and added the eggplants two at a time and fried the eggplants till it turned a little soft inside
- Drained the excess oil by putting them on paper towel
- Added 1tbs of oil to a hot pan and tempered it with the cumin seeds once added the ginger paste once the seeds started sputtering
- To it added the paprika and the turmeric and cooked a bit
- Added the yogurt which I had whisked earlier with pinch of salt, 1/2tsp of sugar and about 3tbs of water
- Once the yogurts cooked, added the fried eggplants, covered and cooked for few minutes.
- Sprinkled the chopped cilantro and done!
- Served this with hot rice.
Source: Back To Basics
Share It To Your Friends!