- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 5 jarred marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 fresh onion rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce leaves, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For the sauce: In a small food processor or blender, puree all the sauce ingredients, and then set aside or keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the chicken: In a shallow bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and pesto together. Place the chicken in the marinade, coating both sides, and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken, covered, for 6-7 minutes per side, until chicken is no longer pink inside. During the last minute of cooking, place rolls cut side down on the outer edge of the grill rack to toast lightly.
- To assemble, spread sauce on the inside of the rolls. Slice chicken and arrange over sauce, topping with romaine lettuce.
Source: Carino's Italian Grill At home
Share It To Your Friends!