- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups heavy (whipping) cream, divided use
- powdered creamy potato soup mix
- 1/4 medium onion, pureed
- 2 potatoes, baked, cubed
- 4 cups boiling water
- ground white pepper (to taste)
- Spread minced garlic on cookie sheet sprayed with non stick (Pam). Bake bottom rack of oven at 375 degrees. WATCH CAREFULLY!! DON'T OVER COOK!! Remove when JUST golden.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add broken garlic cloves and 2 cups of cream. STIR CONSTANTLY!! Keep at a slow rolling boil for about 5 minutes (longer for more garlic flavor). Remove garlic cloves.
- In large pot or slow cooker, add dry soup mix and stir in hot cream mixture. Add pureed onion, "roasted" garlic, potatoes, 4 cups boiling water and remaining 2 cups cream. Heat on low.
- Just before serving, add white pepper to taste.
Source: Carino's Italian Grill At Home
Share It To Your Friends!