- 4 cups green papaya (peeled, cleaned, grated)
- 1 cup carrots (peeled, grated)
- 1 medium sized carrots (peeled)*
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper (cleaned, julienne)*
- 1 cup medium sized sweet onions (peeled, julienne)
- 1 (2 inch size) of fresh ginger (peeled, julienne)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled, sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 T whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup salt
For the Syrup:
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 T salt
*These will be used for garnish. I use a vegetable cutter or use a small cookie cutter. Or use a pairing knife to cut and shape a star, heart or a flower.
- Combine and mix salt and the grated papaya. Set them aside for at least an hour.
- After an hour, rinse the grated papaya with water. Using a clean cheese cloth or a clean towel, squeeze out all the juice until dry. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix all the syrup ingredients and bring it to a rolling boil until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool down.
- Combine and mix all the dry ingredients except the shaped/cut carrot and pepper for garnish.
- Place the mixed ingredients in a sterilized mason jar.
- Using a fork or chopsticks, strategically arrange your shaped/cut out carrots and peppers making sure it's visible. Check out the photos above to get the idea. :)
- Pour some of the syrup in the jar, slowly, just enough to cover the vegetables.
- Seal the jar tightly. Clean and wipe the jar.
- Keep in the refrigerator for a week to allow the vegetable and syrup to blend.
Share It To Your Friends!