- 1 lb mini bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 oz queso fresco (feta will work too), chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a medium sized baking dish with olive oil.
- Remove the cap of each bell pepper and use a knife to cut out the pith and seeds on the inside. Rinse the bell peppers to remove the remaining seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture. It is easiest to do this with your hands, pushing the quinoa mixture into each bell pepper.
- Carefully place the stuffed bell peppers on the baking dish. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are done to your liking. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, and serve hot. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- For this recipe I recommend using the larger mini bell peppers (if you can find those) instead of the really tiny ones, since it will be easier to stuff them.
Share It To Your Friends!