- 250g pasta (either shell or elbow, medium size)
- 1 cup mock chicken julienne or mock chicken breast, (shred with a fork or hands)
- 4 pcs of vegan hotdog, thinly sliced (I used 2 vegan hotdogs and 2 vegan sausages to have some spicy taste)
- 2 garlic clove , crushed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, julienne strips
- 1 small head of cabbage, quartered
- ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegan cream + ½ cup of soy milk (depends on desired creaminess))
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil + 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Fry the hotdogs, sausages and mock chicken meat. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and carrots in vegetable oil + vegan butter, continue mixing. Pour the water and the vegetable broth cube. And cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, cabbage, cream + soy milk, mock chicken, hotdog and celery. And continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Then adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat. Leave for 3 minutes and ready to serve. Your chickenless macaroni soup is ready to enjoy!
- Garnish with fresh ground peppercorns.
- Serve warm or serve with bread.
Source: Vegan Pinoy
Share It To Your Friends!