- 1kg mixed seafood (prawns, halibut fillets, mussels, squid), or 250g of each seafood*
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, washed, seeded and sliced into cubes
- 4-6 Thai chilies, washed and sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- half a head of garlic, peeled and mashed
- a handful of holy basil leaves (20-25 pcs), washed and stems removed
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- cornstarch slurry (3 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 5 teaspoons water) -- optional
- Heat oil in a medium-sized wok or deep frying pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Saute onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic, chilies and bell peppers and stir-fry for one minute.
- Keeping flame on high, add in the seafood, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- The seafood will render water as they cook so the mixture will turn watery. Spoon out excess water, leaving only enough to cover seafood.
- Check seasonings. Add more sugar, salt or chilies depending on preference.
- Add in the basil leaves and let the mixture simmer until the leaves wilt a little (about one minute).
- You may thicken the sauce by stirring in the cornstarch slurry at this point. Simmer with continuous stirring for 30 seconds or until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Source: Kitchen Conjugations
Share It To Your Friends!