- 2 boneless chicken breasts (6-7 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil with olive oil. (foil is only to save cleanup)
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place each piece between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. You should have four ½-inch thick cutlets.
- Lay down a long sheet of wax paper. At one end combine flour with salt & pepper. At the other end combine the crumbs with seasoning, parsley and Parmesan. Put a bowl in the middle for the egg whites.
- Dip each cutlet into flour mixture, then egg whites, then crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella. Return to oven & bake for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta and more marinara sauce.
Source: Jenny Can Cook
Share It To Your Friends!