- grated lemon rind from one lemon
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 7 cups coarsely chopped hearts of romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- To make the dressing, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a small mason jar. Add 3 1/2 tablespoons oil, add the lid to the jar, and shake until combined.
- To make the croutons, cube your French bread. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large saute pan heated over medium-high heat. Add the bread cubes to the pan and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until crunchy and golden, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Season your salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Flip the salmon and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Chop your lettuce and slice your cherry tomatoes and add to the same bowl as the croutons. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing, tossing to coat.
- Add about 2 cups lettuce mixture to each of 4 plates and top with a salmon fillet. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Source: I Can Cook That
Share It To Your Friends!