- 2 1/2 lbs Pork or Beef hocks or Ox tail ,cut into 2" lengths ( I used beef hocks)
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 bundle sitaw or long beans (cut 3" length)
- 2 bundles bokchoy
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp achuete powder for coloring
- 1 medium eggplant (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce bagoong or shrimp paste
- Boil the pork hocks until soft. Set aside. Reserve the broth.
- In a wok, saute garlic and onion.
- Add pork hocks and fish sauce. Cook for few minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the pork/beef broth, salt, achuete and peanut butter. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with bagoong or shrimp paste.
Source: Filipino Easy Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!