- 1/2 kilo labong or bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips
- 1 thumb ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 kilo shrimps, peeled
- 1 cup coconut milk (gata)
- 1 bunch saluyot (jute) leaves
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 pc. bird eye chili (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat the saucepan, put in the cooking oil, then sauté union, garlic, ginger and bird eye chili until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and salt, mix and simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Add labong and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, saluyot leaves and ground pepper, mix and simmer at least 2 minutes
- Serve while hot with steam rice.
- Chow and enjoy!
Share It To Your Friends!