- 1 kg. fish (any fish that I’ve mentioned above, just choose what is available for this season) – washed thoroughly and sliced
- 3 fingers of ginger – crushed
- 4 pcs. siling haba/chili fingers
- 1/4 cup vinegar/sukang iloko
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 medium sized onions – sliced finely
- 6 pcs. okra
- 1 pc. medium sized eggplant – sliced diagonally
- 6 stalks petsay
- a pinch of magic sarap
- 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a stainless pot, combine the fish, salt, vinegar, onion, ginger and magic sarap then simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced into 1/4 cup.
- Add the coconut milk and let it boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the okra, followed by the eggplant and siling haba. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the petsay and simmer for another 2 minutes. Taste it and add salt if desired.
- Your ginataang isda is ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Share It To Your Friends!