- 1 pound whole white fish, gutted and scaled (leftover fried sliced fish can also be used)
- Sunflower oil (or any other kind of oil good for frying)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Ground pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- If using raw fish, over medium heat, in a saucepan with hot sunflower oil, fry the fish until cooked through. When it is cooked, transfer it to a plate. If using leftover fish, skip this part.
- Over medium heat, in a new large saucepan with sunflower oil, sauté the garlic and the onions.
- After 3 minutes of tossing, add the tomatoes. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the water then cook the tomatoes until they are soft.
- Add the fish sauce and sprinkle the pepper.
- Put the fish in the saucepan and cover it with the sauce while cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg then pour the egg in the saucepan. Mix it with the sauce well then turn off the fire before the egg solidifies completely.
- Garnish with the parsley if using.
- Serve with hot steamed white rice.
Source: She Knows
Share It To Your Friends!