- 2 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pieces of dried bay leaves
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 2-3 tsp. of salt
- 3/4 cup of cooking oil
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes. Make sure you rub it evenly and thouroughly.
- Heat a frying pan then pour the cooking oil slowly and Pan Fry the chicken. Set it aside.
- Heat a cooking pot or wok then put the butter.
- When the butter is hot enough, add the onions and sauté until the texture becomes soft. Rember to don't overcook the onions.
- Add the bay leaves and cook for about a minute.
- Pour the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for about 7 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then transfer to a serving plate.
- That's it You're Done. Serve and Enjoy.
Source: The Pinoy Cook Book
Share It To Your Friends!