- 6 palomilla steaks – tenderized if possible
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sour orange
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of dry wine
- Combine the pressed garlic, sour orange juice, sliced onions with the steak, and leave covered in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly sear the steak. Add the onions and garlic afterward until they’re a little cooked.
- Add the sour orange marinade liquid as well as the rest of the ingredients (bay leaf, oregano, cumin, tomato sauce, and dry wine.)
- Cover the pan and simmer on low for thirty minutes. If there’s still a lot of liquid left, add more time to the simmer.
- Serve with white rice, avocado, tostones, or all of the above.
Source: Eat With Your Eyes Closed
Share It To Your Friends!