- 2½ pound boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cooking apples (Granny Smith recommended), cored and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ cup dry sherry
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium-size Dutch oven (about 5-quart) over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Add pork to the pan and sear to brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork from the pan and place on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir together sherry, orange juice, and brown sugar.
- Return pork to the pan along with apple slices and sherry mixture. Cover and place in the oven.
- Roast for 1½ hours, or until pork has an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
- Place pork on a cutting board and let set for 15 minutes.
- Put apples, onions, and all pan juices in a blender. Blend until liquefied and pour sauce back into pan. Bring sauce to a simmer then reduce heat to low to keep warm until serving.
- Slice pork and place on a serving platter. Serve with sauce.
Source: Magnolia Days
Share It To Your Friends!