- 8-12 thin cut pork chops (no bone)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 large granny smith apples, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 3-5 fresh sprigs of rosemary
- 1 heaping T. rubbed sage
- flour or cornstarch for dusting + 1 T
- Lightly powder chops and brown in a skillet. Set browned chops aside.
- Saute onion and apples together until apples are fork tender. Remove from pan and spread on the bottom of a large glass pan.
- Layer chops neatly on top.
- To make a thickener, mix 1 T. of corn starch or flour with a small amount of water and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to hot pan and stir to remove all of the good stuff off of the bottom of the pan and let the broth get hot.
- Add cream, white wine, sage and thickener to the pan and over medium heat allow to bubble. Turn down heat and allow to thicken slightly.
- Pour over chops and place sprigs of rosemary on top.
- Bake at 350° until the chops are warmed through and the sauce begins bubbling once again.
- Allow dish to sit about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and enjoy!
Source: Dream a Little Bigger
Share It To Your Friends!