- 1 Kilo Pork Belly (Liempo) cubed
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, minced
- 5 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shrimp paste (Bagoong)
- 3 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggplants, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cubed liempo in a stockpot. Cover with water and let boil for at least 15 minutes. Prepare the rest of the ingredients while meat is cooking.
- Pour corn oil into a hot pan. Saute garlic and onions until softened. Add tomatoes and cook until softened too. Stir-fry bagoong until aromatic then put in the boiled pork pieces and 1/2 cup of boiling water used to cook the pork.
- Simmer until pork softens, then add vinegar and sugar then season with salt and pepper to taste. Adding pork broth is optional.
- When pork is fork-tender, add sliced eggplants and coconut cream. Bring to a boil and simmer until mixture thickens and eggplants are soft, about 10 minutes then serve with steamed rice.
Source: Pinoy Cravings
Share It To Your Friends!