- 1 box Lasagna pasta, cooked per box instruction
- 1 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 cup equivalent chopped Carrots
- 1 cup equivalent chopped Celery
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil for Sauteing
- 2 cans Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2/3 cup All purpose Flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 - 2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- To do the bolognese sauce: saute the garlic and onion and add the ground meat and herbs. Cook until the meat are browned
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Let's do the Bechamel sauce : Set the butter on a small deep pan and add the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the evaporated milk, water and nutmeg and mix until thick. Add the cheese.
- To assemble : Spread a little meat sauce (without any meat) at the bottom of the aluminum foil pan.
- Set a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by spreading sparingly of the bolognese sauce, and top with the white sauce. Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the same layering process until you reach the top of the pan, or about 3-4 layers.
- The top layer should be fully covered by the white sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake on a 350 ° F pre-heated oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Source: All Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!