- 8 PCs. Matangbaka or Big eyed scad fish or a galunggong (a local mackerel) will do
- 4 PCs. Of santol
- Chopped onion
- Minced garlic
- Sliced and crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Banana leaves for wrapping – this will give a tasty aroma
- After cleaning the fish, rub it with salt.
- Wrapped in young banana leaves, can be by 2s.
- Place a half of the garlic, ginger and peeled santol (in crisscross slits, seeds unremoved) at the bottom.
- On top, place the wrapped fish in banana leaves.
- On top of the fish again, place all the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook . Filipinos prefer cooking this dish via charcoal or wood fire to preserve its natural taste.
Source: The Daily Roar
Share It To Your Friends!