- 1kg (2lb) white fish fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced lengthways
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Large glass white wine
- 1.25l (40fl oz) fish or vegetable stock
- 500g (1lb) raw prawns, peeled with tails attached
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic and cook over a medium-low heat, stirring, for 7-10 mins.
- Add the fennel, tomatoes, bay leaf, wine and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for about 30 mins. This base can be made a day or two ahead.
- When ready to serve, reheat the base (if made ahead) and add the fish and prawns. Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes or until the fish is cooked. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Share It To Your Friends!