- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- ½ can store bought biscuit dough
- 2 cups cooked and chunkily shredded chicken
- In a large, heavy bottomed stockpot, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and let them cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining butter. Once melted, add flour. Stir frequently and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add milk. Bring to a simmer and simmer until mixture has thickened, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and chicken stock. Raise heat to medium-low and let simmer.
- While the soup is simmering, remove about five biscuits from the store bought biscuit container. Slice into thin strips (about ½ inch wide). Drop into soup, cover leaving a crack, and let cook without stirring for 8-10 minutes, until biscuits have cooked in the center.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Source: A Duck's Oven
Share It To Your Friends!