- 250g (abt 1/2 pound) prawns (deveined, shells on or off – up to you)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet or spicy chilli sauce
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola or light flavoured oil
- fresh parsley or coriander (cilantro) for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce, light soy sauce, water and chilli sauce together. Set aside.
- Dry the prawns as much as possible with a paper towel and toss cornstarch through to coat lightly.
- In a wok or fry pan, over high heat, add half the cooking oil to coat the pan. When the wok is smoking hot, add the prawns to sear quickly on both sides. (About one minute each side)
- Dish the half-cooked prawns on a plate and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the rest of the oil and toss in the garlic, chilli and ginger. Stir fry till fragrant (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Pour in the sauce mixture and add the prawns, stir to coat. Cook for another minute or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Garnish and serve.
Share It To Your Friends!