- 4 pounds red baby potatoes
- 8 oz bacon, chopped. Reserve ¼ cup for garnish.
- 2 cups onion, diced
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Whole grain Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley (optional)
- Clean (but do not peel) the potatoes and cut into 1" cubes. Immerse in salted water; bring water to a boil and boil for 7-10 minutes, testing potatoes to see if they are done. They should be firm but easily penetrated with a fork.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the bacon onion in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove to drain on paper towels, reserving ¼ cup for garnish. Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of the drippings, add the onions and sauté them for about 10 minutes until translucent and soft. Add the brown sugar and continue to cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes, bacon and onions.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and lemon juice. Add to the potato mixture and gently toss together. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with remaining fried bacon and parsley. Best if allowed to chill for an hour or more.
Source: Creative Culinary
Share It To Your Friends!