- tahong (mussels) - 1 kilo, shelled
- garlic - 3 cloves
- vinegar - 5 tablespoons
- soy sauce - 5 tablespoons
- cooking oil
- Clean the mussels well through running water and make sure to cut or take off the hair-like part that lies outside the shell. You don't really want to eat this one.
- Put the mussels in a pot and cover with water. Then turn on the stove and bring to a quick boil.
- Drain the mussels and one by one, take the meat out of the shell. Set aside.
- In a medium heat, pour a little oil in a pan and saute the garlic.
- Bring in the mussels and fry for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce, peppercorns, vinegar, and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
Source: Joy Ira Cooks
Share It To Your Friends!