- 2 kgs. fresh/frozen tahong/green mussels, cleaned.
- 2 thumbsized (50 grms.) ginger, peeled, crushed and chopped finely
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped finely
- 1 large (200 grms.) onion, diced
- 3 pcs. red/green chilli long, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 Tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. liquid seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (1/2 piece lemon)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped red chillies and spring onions for garnishing.
- Heat cooking oil on a large cooking pot. Add the ginger, garlic, onions and chillies. Saute for a couple of minutes until onions are translucent. Add the green mussels. Note: If you’re using fresh green mussels, it is cooked in 5 minutes. While frozen green mussels is cooked in 8 minutes. (No need to thaw or wash the frozen green mussels, it is ready for cooking.)
- Stir the green mussles and mix for a minute. Cover with lid for 5 minutes. Pour in the soya sauce, oyster sauce and liquid seasoning. Add the sugar, squeeze 1/2 lemon and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with freshly chopped red chillies and spring onions.
Share It To Your Friends!