- 1 tub (350g) chicken liver
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken liver in the soy sauce, lemon, ketchup, black peppercorns, and laurel leaves for half an hour.
- After the marinating period, separate the chicken liver and place on a pot with the water. Set aside the marinade. Bring water to a boil over medium heat, and continue cooking until water has evaporated.
- Heat up the oil on a pan over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic, then add the chicken liver and the marinade. Bring to a boil, then simmer for a couple more minutes.
- This is essentially good to serve, but if you want the dry version, keep cooking until the sauce has all but dried up. Avoid mixing in order to prevent the liver from breaking up. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve with hot rice.
Share It To Your Friends!