- 6 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Shortening
- 1 cup COLD water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Mongo bean, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggyolks
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the filling ingredients and cook in medium heat for 10 minutes. Refrigerate to cool down completely.
- Mix together all the dough ingredients and roll in 1" tube and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- At this stage, you could preheat the oven at 400 °F.
- Take the filling and dough out of the refrigerator and cut dough in 1/4" discs.
- Flatten each disc to make a 2 inch diameter and scoop 1 tablespoon filling and wrap and seal the dough around it.
- Press the dough ball to flatten, sealed side down, at about 1 1/2 inch diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay the pieces on a baking pan and brush with eggwash.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, the top should be golden brown.
Source: Filipino Food Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!