- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded young coconut ( buco)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8-inch double-crust pie shell
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the 1/4 cup water and cornstarch into a saucepan and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Stir in the coconut water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium to low heat until thick.
- Add the shredded buco and vanilla and cook 3 more minutes.
- Cool buco mixture slightly and put into piepan that has been lined with bottom pie crust.
- Top with upper pie crust, seal edges and flute decoratively.
- Brush with slightly beaten egg white to glaze (some will be left over- do not use more than necessary), and make a few cuts in the top crust to let steam escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Image: Pinoy Exchange
Share It To Your Friends!