• 2 lbs kilo tulingan (small Mackerel tuna or any type of Mackerel)
• 2 tablespoons rock salt to taste
• 50 grams pork fat, sliced into strips
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup dried kamias
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 cup vinegar
- Remove gills and all internal organs of the fish then chop off tail. Slit both sides of the fish and press against the sides with palms of the hands to flatten the fish and soften its flesh. Wash thoroughly under running water, till water runs clear. Rub fish with salt in and out.
- In a saucepan, arrange the pork fat at the bottom then some of the dried kamias. Put the fish on top side by side. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook slowly on very low heat and simmer for about 2-3 hours till fish is done.
Source: Isla Kulinarya
Share It To Your Friends!