- Chicken cuts
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped (optional)
- 6 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp annatto (atsuete) powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine garlic, crushed peppercorns, calamansi or lemon juice, vinegar and salt.
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade for at least an hour, or overnight. Keep in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Prepare the Annatto Oil:Heat oil in a pan, add annatto powder and stir until the oil becomes red orange in color; turn off heat and set aside to cool. Strain oil by using a piece of cloth to remove annatto powder residue.
- In the same pan, heat annatto oil and saute minced garlic until lightly browned.
- Grilling:Grill the marinated chicken basting occasionally with annatto oil. Turn and cook for 10-15 minutes or more.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
- Dipping Sauce:Combine 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Add chili pepper or siling labuyo if desired.
Share It To Your Friends!