- 4 cup uncooked glutinous white rice
- 6 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk (divided)
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon coconut preserves
- Soak rice overnight in the water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Cook the soaked rice over medium heat in a saucepan with the soaking water, 1/2 can of coconut milk, and white sugar, stirring constantly, until tender and thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Stir together the brown sugar, remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk, and coconut preserves in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the mixture carefully over the rice.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping thickens, about 25 minutes. Cool completely; cut into squares to serve.
Source: Recipe Corner
Share It To Your Friends!