- 1 medium fully cleaned tilapia slitted
- ¼ kilo fresh shrimps-head and tails removed
- ¼ kilo small squid (dark large bigfin reef squid “lumot” type or the small pinkish round Indian one),fully cleaned, “ink sac” and “pen” (the hard plastic-like sheet) removed
- 1.5 to 2 liters coconut milk (should you have the powder or paste form, just add water)
- 10 grams sea or fine salt
- 5 grams ground black pepper
- optional 3 grams of MSG
- Season seafood with salt and pepper. Tumble and toss well to spread seasoning. Line up on top of heated banana leaf.
- Boil coconut milk. Once boiling, add into wok your seafood. Include the banana leaf.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Done. Scoop up cooked seafood in banana leaf-lined plate. Pour unto bowl your cooked coconut milk which may serve as sauce, dip or soup for your pleasure.
You may add “sili pansigang” (chili finger or banana pepper) and/or sliced carrots in the boiling coconut milk.
Source: The Food Critic
Share It To Your Friends!