- 2 medium sized bitter melon (ampalaya) sliced 1/2 inch thick diagonally
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- 200 grams diced pork
- 2 pcs green finger pepper (siling berde pangsigang)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch crushed ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THICKENING MIXTURE:
- 2tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water (Just combine and mix in a bowl)
- In a pre-heated pan, sautee the pork until brown. Add 1/2 cup
- of water, cover and let it simmer until it dries up. (check regularly to avoid from getting burned).
- Add the garlic, ginger, onion, green finger pepper and ampalaya (bitter melon). Add a little water. Stirr. Cover. Simmer on a low heat until cooked.
- Remove the sauteed ampalaya from the pan. Set aside.
- With the same pan, pour 1 cup of coconut milk. Let it simmer on a low heat. (do not cover). Stirring regularly to avoid the coconut from turning into oil.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture while stirring continously. season with salt.
- Cook on low heat until it becomes thick according to your preferrence.
- Add the sauteed ampalaya. Stirr for a while. Turn of the fire.
- Serve hot. Share & enjoy!
Source: Jeepney Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!