- 1/2lb breakfast sausage
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break up while cooking into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 Degrees F.).
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, forming large curds. Continue cooking while pulling and folding the eggs until thickened no and visible liquid egg remains. Mix the cooked sausage in with the eggs.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place a piece of bread butter-side down onto the top of a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a slice of cheese, some of the egg mixture, followed by another slice of cheese. Put the second bread slice on top, butter-side facing up.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Source: Blog Chef
Share It To Your Friends!