- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Thick Rolled Oats)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Next add the mashed bananas.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the mixer, in about two additions each.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes, then remove it from the pan and allow to finish cooling on the rack before serving.
Source: Chef next door
Share It To Your Friends!