- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium-large zucchini (or any other pasta you like)
- Add the flesh of the avocado, spinach, almonds, garlic, lime juice, sea salt, and chili flakes (if using) to a food processor. Process for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed, or until smooth and creamy.
- If it’s too thick add more water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning. Add olive oil and set aside.
- If you wish to serve the avocado-spinach pesto over zoodles, using a spiralizer create zucchini noodles . If you don't have a spiralizer use a regular vegetable peeler to vertically peel long, thin strips of the zucchini. This will form more of a wider "noodle" from the zucchini, like fettuccini.
- Place the noodles in a covered microwave safe dish and microwave them on high for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook them in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer zoodles to a large serving bowl, add pesto and halved cherry tomatoes and mix well.
Source:The Iron You
Share It To Your Friends!