- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bird’s eye chili
- 2 salted eggs
- 1 tinapang bangus (smoked milkfish)
- a small handful of scallions, mint and cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 to 12 spring roll wrappers
- about 2 c. of oil for frying
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop the tomato flesh.
- Finely chop the chili.
- Halve the salted eggs, scoop out of the shells and roughly chop.
- Discard the skin, head and tail of the fish. Flake the flesh.
- Roughly chop the scallions, mint and cilantro.
- Mix together the tomatoes, chili, salted eggs, fish, scallions, mint and cilantro. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to blend.
- Wrap one heaping tablespoonful of the filling with the spring roll wrapper (see how to wrap spring rolls). Repeat until all the filling has been used.
- Heat the cooking oil and fry the spring rolls (in batches if necessary) until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the spring rolls at once. Recommended dipping sauce: hot and spicy vinegar.
Source: CASA Veneracion
Share It To Your Friends!