- 2 lbs. shrimps
- 1 small bunch cabbage (sliced thinly)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp oriental five spice powder (optional)
- 10 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ stick of butter
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, rice flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Oriental five spice, salt and pepper.
- Clean (take out the whiskers), rinse and pat dry shrimps. Put shrimps in the flour mixture. Shake shrimp until well coated with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan/heavy bottomed skillet. Fry shrimps in batches to achieve crispy shrimp, (over crowding will give you soggy shrimps). Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- On a small pan, melt butter then fry garlic, cook until garlic turns brown but not burned. Remove fried garlic.
- Using the same pan quickly saute' the sliced cabbage until it starts to wilt but not over cooked. Cabbage must still have the crisp.
- Arrange cabbage on a large plate. Set shrimps on a bed of cabbage.
- Garnish with fried garlic and pepper flakes.
Source: Kusina 101
Share It To Your Friends!