- 1kg pork knuckles, cleaned
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 20 whole peppercorns
- 1 head garlic, cracked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 small packs of native mushrooms or tenga ng daga
- 2 small packs of banana blossoms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Marinate pork knuckles in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns and garlic for 1 hour. In the meantime, place brown sugar in a plate.
- When pork knuckes are fully marinated, dip eachpiece in brown sugar and pan fry on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Remove and put aside until all pieces are done.
- In the same pan, put all the meat back and pour in all the marinade plus the water.
- Bring to a boil then lower flame immediately to medim-low then to a simmer to tenderize the meat.
- After simmering for about 45 minutes, the sauce will noticeably start to thicken.
- Add salt and allow to simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, soak the native mushrooms and banana blossoms in water for 15 minutes.
- Once softened, add to the simmering pot of meat.
- Cook until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick.
Share It To Your Friends!