- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- banana leaves, lightly heated
- Wash the glutinous rice, set in a pot and add the water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer until the liquid is fully absorbed by the rice.
- On a separate pan over medium heat, dissolve the brown sugar in the coconut milk, let it boil until thick.
- Add the cooked rice and mix until very thick consistency.
- To assemble, place the banana leaves at the bottom, and brush with oil, spread the sticky sweet rice on the leaves and flatten evenly.
- Cut in squares (if using square serving dish) or like a pizza (if on a round dish), spread the latik on the center of each slice.
- Lightly heat the banana leaf over the stove-top burner or in the microwave to make it pliable and easy to handle.
- Brush some coconut oil (from the latik) onto your spoon or spatula when spreading the sweet rice for easy handling.
Share It To Your Friends!