- 1 pound broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 4 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes, until it is tender but still crisp. Remove from the saucepan, plunge briefly into ice cold water, and drain.
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken broth, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, granulated sugar, sesame oil to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry, stirring to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the blanched broccoli.
- Serve hot, garnished with the sesame seeds.
Share It To Your Friends!